Keep Your Current Phone Number
We give you the ability to maintain the same phone number even upon changing from your existing service provider. Porting your existing phone numbers gives you all of the features and benefits of our services, without having to change any of your advertising or the number your customers use to call you. We can port (transfer) any toll-free number and most local numbers to our network. In addition, we can provide you with a temporary phone number while your number is being moved.
About the Number Transfer Process
I want to transfer my current number to IP Communications. What do I do?
If you have an existing phone number that is still with your previous service provider, we can transfer it to your MyOffice PBX account.
Just follow these steps:
- Continue using your existing number. Don't cancel your current service.
- Read the FAQs regarding our Number Transfer Process and collect all of the information you will require.
- Submit a transfer request online.
We'll send the request to your current provider and email you when the transfer is complete. (Please note: Number transfers can take 15-30 days.)
Does it cost anything to transfer my current number?
There is a one-time fee to transfer a local or toll free phone number. See our MyOffice PBX pricing page for details.
How long does it take to transfer my number?
Transferring a phone number to IPComms typically takes 5 to 10 business days. However it can take anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks depending on the service location, and the releasing carriers response time.
Transfer time will depending greatly on the accuracy of the information you provide, so be sure to fill out your LNP request form as accurately and completely as possible to avoid delays.
Can I transfer my toll free number?
Yes. We can transfer local, toll free and in some cases international phone numbers.
Are there any restrictions in transferring my number to IP Communications?
- Your current account must be active and in good standing with your existing provider. There may not be a line freeze or a pending order on your existing phone.
- You will need to provide IP Communications with the exact Name, Service Address, and Billing Telephone Number (BTN) on record with your current provider, including any capitalization, punctuation and/or abbreviations.
- The number you are transferring must be within IP Communications’ service area.
What happens if a number can't be transferred?
- If we cannot transfer your number you may elect to get a new number in your area or elsewhere.
- There are several reasons that may cause a failure to your transfer request. Here are some more common problems:
- Number is not within our service area for transfers
- Name and Address mismatch or invalid - Your number information must match exactly what your previous carrier has on their Record. If it does not match exactly, they will reject our request.
- Billing Telephone Number is incorrect - Your Billing Telephone Number must match exactly what your previous carrier has on their bill. If it does not match exactly, they will reject our request.